Doula Application Requirements
In order to register with Bay Area Doula Association, you must complete the following steps:
- Fill out the application found here on our website.
- Obtain a business license issued in the town where you reside.
All of the cities in the Bay Area have a web page dedicated to how to obtain a business license. Please provide proof of licensure once you have completed this process. You must have a business license before you can receive payment from Bay Area Doula Association.
- Bay Area Doula Association will underwrite your annual policy premium with CM&F group insurance under the agency policy. See https://www.cmfgroup.com/ to learn more about this personal liability coverage.Once you are earning money through the agency we will recoup the cost of your policy annually in increments that are amenable to both you and the agency. The cost of this annual premium should not exceed $100/year at the present time.Please note: this will only cover you for hospital births and any births you attend as a representative of the agency. Any births you attend under other circumstances will not be covered unless you obtain a separate individual policy at your own expense.
- All Doulas in Tiers 1 and 2 can be working towards their DONA certification. Doulas in tiers 3-4 must be DONA certified in order to qualify for participation.
- The number of hours you will need to sign up for is to be determined based on how many doula’s are in your particular tier. This will be worked out once our hiring is complete.
Any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org